Pastor Randy Walls continues teaching through the book of Ephesians.
Think About This …
Here are some questions (taken from Married And How to Stay that Way) to ask yourself to help you resolve conflict with your spouse:
- Are you willing to take action to resolve these issues?
- Are you willing to take action quickly?
- Are you willing to be completely truthful?
- Are you willing to restrain your anger?
- Are you willing to listen and understand before you try to prove your point?
- Will you be the first to humble yourself and confess your faults?
- Are you willing to truly forgive?
- Are you willing to lovingly explain exactly what attitude or action you want your spouse to change?
- Are you willing to find agreement through compromise?
- 10.Are you willing to diligently pray together for reconciliation?
- 11.Are you willing to be patient and long-suffering?
- 12.Are you willing to take action even if your spouse will not?
… and some questions regarding forgiveness:
- Do you think it’s harder to forgive or to forget? Is it possible to forgive without forgetting? Have you failed to forgive your own spouse for something? What do we gain when we forgive?
- Why do you think it’s so hard to forgive? What does forgiveness cost you?
- Who suffers more from unforgiveness ... The one who needs forgiveness or the one who needs to give it?